I don’t know if any of you have heard of this dish, fig toast. This is a rapid preparation dish, quick to cook, but delicious to eat!
Before coming to France, I only knew Vietnamese figs. When I was a kid, I tried it once. The green fruit is astringent, but the ripe fruit is very sweet. Time had passed until I moved to France. It was fig season. I was surprised because the figs here were much bigger than the ones in Vietnam.
There are different types of fig here some have purple skin and red flesh inside; some have green skin and red flesh inside and some have green skin and white flesh inside. All of them taste very sweet and have fragrant aroma. Since then, I have always been addicted to figs.
Every year, I buy some kilograms to make jam to eat with bread and toast with meat. This year, I bought some organic figs from a lovely woman, who gave me this best fig toast recipe.
The ingredients for this fig toast recipe are also not difficult to find and the preparation is very quick
- 1 loaf baguette
- 8 big figs
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 50 g grated cheese
- Salt/honey (depending on whether you eat salty or sweet)
- Rosemary leaves
- Cut the bread into pieces of 1.5cm horizontally or cut the bread into half vertically and then cut them into 7cm pieces.
- Cut figs into 4 but keep them not separate
- Cut the butter into 8 cubes
- Arrange bread on a tray and then arrange figs, butter, salt/honey, rosemary in turn
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Bake the bread for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the oven
The oven I’ve used is the air fryer from Ninja.
Voilà, the fig toast is done. The fragrant of toasted fig and rosemary will make to not be able to delay trying the toast any minutes more.
You can make this dish for breakfast, snack, side dish, appetizer or finger food.
Hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do. If you try to make it, don’t forget to share the results with me!
Check out other recipes of Chez Thao for your reference!